Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 6 and 7 of Walking Thru the Word

So this one blog post will have 2 days worth of my time in the Word. I have kept up with doing it daily but have had a hard time time finding time to read AND post!
The segments for the last 2 days are Gen. 15-20, Psalms 6-7, Matt. 3:13-4:11, and Acts 4.

Gen. 15: If you have done any type of Precept Study then you know that any 1st mention is important. In. Gen. 15th we come across 2 first mentions. v.6 is the first time the word believe is mentioned and also the first time that "cutting covenant" is seen.

Gen. 16: I LOVE v. 7 "the angel of the Lord found Hagar." I am so very thankful that we serve a God who is in the business of finding us in our desert places. I also love the 2 questions that she is asked: "Where have you come from and where are you going?" I think it is a great thing for us to ponder. This chapter also holds my favorite name of God, El Roi, The God who sees me. Only God alone knows how many times I have thanked Him that HE indeed is the One who sees me.

Gen. 17th: We learn the sign of the covenant is circumcision. My take away from this chapter comes in v. 23 "On that very day".....Abram had immediate obedience. He did not wait he simply heard from God and then obeyed! May I have the kind of faith that displays immediate obedience....even if it involves pain!

Gen. 18th: I would love to know the time lapse between chapter 17 and 18. If you know please leave a comment or your thoughts. The exchange between God and Sarah in v. 15 cracks me up!!

Gen. 19th: This is a very disturbing chapter all around. When I studied The Patriarchs by Beth Moore I remember this being a VERY somber week. I will say though that I am thankful that the Word of God does not leave out hard stuff.

Gen. 20th: Abraham does it again and says that Sarah is his sister (which is a half truth) but God protects her and no harm is done to her.

Psalms 6: v. 4 "Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love."

Psalms 7: v.17 "I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.

Matt. 3:13-17: Baptism of Jesus

Matt. 4:1-11: Temptation of Jesus

Acts 4: I love the fact that God uses "unschooled ordinary men" v.13 to do His work! The apostles prayed for boldness to speak the truth. I love the community of the first church.

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of these verses or on what God has been teaching you over the last few days!

No comments: