Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 of Walking Thru the Word

Today's segments were from Gen. 5-8, Psalms 3, Matt. 2:1-12 and Acts 2:1-21

I am down to the wire today with only 2 hours left but I guess better late then never!

Gen. 5: Gives us the line of Adam. I particularly like v.22 because it talks about Enoch "walking with God" The only other person that I know of that is said to "walked with God" was Noah in Gen. 6:9. When it refers to the later Patriarchs it says they "walked before" God but not with. I find that to be very interested and one day want to look into that some more!

Gen. 6: God tells Noah about the flood and in v.18 says He will establish a convent with Him.

Gen. 7: v2 "Take with you seven kind of every clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every unclean animal, a male and its mate." This is the first time that I have ever realized that he took more then 2 of some of the animals! Am I the only one who has missed this???!!!

Gen. 8: v.1 "But God remembered Noah......" Do you think that Noah thought God had forgotten all about him? I do. I have been in situations where I have felt like I was obedient but the flood waters kept coming and they did not seem to be receding. I have asked...."How long God until you come through on my behalf? How long will I feel so rocked by the waves? I have asked do you remember me Lord? I am thankful that just like Noah....God started the process of showing me the dry ground and reminding me of His covenant with me. How fitting that the next place we go is.....

Psalms 3 v.3-4 "But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the Lord I cry aloud, and He answers me from his holy hill."

Matt.2:1-12: This section is where the Magi come and present Jesus gifts and then being told in a dream do not return to Herod but go a different a route. I may be taking some liberates here but when I read this I thought how true that is today.....When we have a TRUE encounter with Christ we don't go back to what we know or what we intended. We are CHANGED! What else is there to do other then lay gifts at His feet and turn aways from what we know?

Acts. 2:1-21: Pentecost

No comments: