Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2 of Reading Thru the Word

Today's segments were Gen. 3-4, Psalms 2, Matt. 1:18-25, Acts. 1:12-26

Gen. 3:3 Satan led Eve to be careless with God's Word and she said that Christ said something He did not say. He did not say they could not look at it just that they could not eat it! This one verse really motivates me to be a true studier of God's Word so I can rightly divide the truth of God. It is one of the reasons that I am a strong believer in corporate bible study. If you do not study the word of God and are just relying on what other people tell you His Word says how can you ever rightly divide the truth? God desires to speak personally to you. Are you letting Him?

Gen. 4:7 "If you do what is right will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you but you must master it." This is a great reminder to me that sin is knocking at my door. There is an enemy and he will do WHATEVER it takes to distract me from God's purpose for me. I can not be idle in my attack. I have to live on purpose and be on guard. The only way I can master sin is through the Holy Spirit that lives inside of me. I must continue to study God's Word so that I will know what His will His for me His good and perfect pleasing will. (Romans 12:2)

Psalms 2 Great reminder that God has complete control over the "kings" we have here. It reminded me of the verse in Daniel that speaks about how God sets up kings and deposes them. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. (Dan. 2:21)

Matt. 1:18-25 Birth of Jesus Immanuel CHRIST WITH US! I love thinking about this in conjunction with John 1:14 " The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Acts. 1:12-26: This is where the disciples choose Mathis to replace Judas by casting of lots. It is the last time in NT that casting of lots is mentioned. We never hear anything else about Mathis that I know of in scripture but scholars think he took the gospel to Ethiopia.

No comments: