Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 1 of Reading Thru the Word

My segments today were Gen. 1&2, Psalms 1, Matt. 1:1-17, and Acts 1:1-11

Gen. 1 Creator God
Gen 2:7 "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." I love the phrase "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life." God is the life giver and has breathed life into me on more the one occasion.

Psalms 1:2-3 Is one of my favorite verses. It reminds me that when I delight in the Lord and meditate on his Word "I will be like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever I do will prosper." I long to be so planted in the Word of God that I can not be moved by circumstances.

Matt. 1:1-17 Genealogy of Jesus

Acts 1:1-11 Jesus ascended into heaven and told his disciples to wait on the Holy Spirit.

I am also going thru a prayer journey called Whispers of Hope by Beth Moore. I am on day 24. My reading for that was in Exodus 16. I have had a love/hate relationship with the book of Exodus over the last 2 years. I have followed closely the wilderness journey of the Israelites and have many posts below this one talking about that journey. My favorite things she said in today's segment are "We are far less likely to be obedient when we are not in need." I am very sad to say that I have seen that to be so true in my own life. The times that I have sought God with my every breath were the times that I needed Him more then that breath! It is so easy for me to overlook my time with Him when all is well in my world.

She later goes on to say that "God is so faithful. So daily." I love that! The dailyness of our God. He did not just come once and die and for our sins and now is out of the picture.
He is our DAILY God.

No comments: