Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Last Sin Eater

Orginally posted July 20, 2007

The Women’s ministry at our church has been doing “Sister Chick Movie Nights” during the summer. In June we watched A Night with the King and last night we watched The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers. I read the book and finished just a few weeks ago so I would be ready to see the movie. True to form the book was better but the message of both is so powerful I would recommend you see the movie…just the read the book first!

Anyway, the point of the post is to say how thankful I am that Christ is my sin eater.
There is nothing I can do to save myself. I can’t be good enough, memorize enough scripture, or figure this life thing out on my own. The book of Isaiah tells me even my righteous acts are like filthy rags…

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. Is. 64:6

Christ is it.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father without going through Him. John 14:6

Thank you Lord that you have paid the price of my sins…past, present, and future. You are all I need. May I always remember that my salvation is not free. It cost you something. I confess that I am guilty of forgetting I was bought at a price. Lord forgive me when my actions don’t match my beliefs. Keep me ever mindful that you came to set me free and to make me no longer a slave to sin but a slave to righteousness.

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
Romans 6:18

No comments: