Sunday, March 22, 2009

10 months old

Orginally posted Aug. 5, 2007

Today Emma Kate turned 10 months old. I have no idea where the last 10 months went. It really just seems like yesterday that I was in her nursery at 2:00 in the morning trying to finish a book wandering if I was really in labor! Since her birth I have kept a journal for her of letters that I write to tell her about what we did that day or just explain to her how I feel about being her mom. I normally write her a letter and then on the next page lift her up in prayer to our Heavenly Father. Tonight when I was writing I told her that there has not been a day that has gone by since she was born that I have not had to stop dead in my tracks and say to the Lord, " Lord why do you show me such favor?" She brings inexpressible joy to my heart.

You know there are things as a parent that you do because your parents did them and you are just passing on the legacy. My daddy passed away 3 years ago and every time I catch myself doing something he did it reminds me that he really isn't gone. One thing my daddy always did was aggravate...I know big shocker! He had a little saying that he would say it went like this...

I had a little girl
Her name was Lori Sue
She is so mean
I am going to put her in the zoo

I would get so upset and run to my mom and say, "mom please don't let daddy put me in the zoo" and then my mom would get on to my dad for getting me upset. Well, I have not made up any rhymes but I tell Emma Kate all the time that I am going to take her to the crazy farm! Since she is only 10 months old she has NO IDEA what I am saying or what it means but every time I say it I laugh to myself and think

I had a little girl
Her name was Lori Sue
She is so mean
I am going to put her in the zoo

Ok so here is the real reason I went down memory lane...today on Emma Kate's 10 month birthday she followed in the footsteps of her cousins. My mom always says.... insert your name here...how big do I love you? and then you are supposed to raise your hands in the air and say...."SO BIG"....Since day 1 of Emma's arrival I have said to her..."Emma Kate how big does mommy love you?" and then I would raise my hands in the air or hold hers up and say, "SO BIG"......well are you ready for this.......today when I asked her she raised her own hands up!!!!! I about lost it! When Jeff got home today we did it again just make sure it wasn't it a fluke and up her hands went...and again we went wild :) Then Emma was so excited that we were going crazy that she just kept lifting her hands!


Lord, tonight I am thankful that I had/have great parents and that I can pass on even silly things to Emma Kate that they taught me. I have no idea why you have shown me such favor and am amazed everyday at your grace. Thank you for Emma Kate. Thank you for the snuggles that I get, for the toothless grins that I receive, for the diapers that I get to change, for the feeling of overwhelming love when I check on her at night and she is so peaceful in her crib, for the mornings when she gets daddy's nose to wake him up, and the sweet way that she grabs for my hand when I am rocking her to sleep. I love you Lord and out of all the things that get passed down to her may I also pass down a legacy of belief in you

No comments: