Sunday, March 22, 2009

I am...

Orginally posted on July 1, 2008

This past Sunday in Life Groups (I teach 11th grade girls) we talked about who we were in Christ. I started the time together by asking them what label other people have put on them. The good, the bad, and the ugly. We made a list on the board. I have been thinking about labels lately because I attended Deeper Still this past weekend in Atlanta.

Priscilla Shirer made the statement that God is the only one who has the right to label/NAME ME. She then mentioned Rev. 22:4 that says, “ They will see HIS face and HIS name will be on their forehead.” I love the picture of when someone sees me the first thing they see is JESUS written on my forehead. It got me thinking about the names that I have NOW because of my identity in Christ. I turned to Ephesians and read all the highlighted parts through Revelation and came up with this list. The awesome thing about it is this is not an extensive list. I did not read the entire books just what I had highlighted! I hope you are blessed and find great encouragement in knowing who you are in Christ.

I AM A:
v Overcomer (1 John 5:5)
v Child of God (1 John 3:3
v Chosen (1Peter 2:9)
v Royal Priesthood (1 Peter 2:9)
v Holy Nation (1Peter 2:9)
v People belonging to God (1 Peter 2:9 Eph. 2:19)
v Stranger in this world (1 Peter 1:1 1 Peter 1:11)
v Forgiven (Hebrews 9:28 Eph. 1:7)
v Redeemed (Col 1:14 Eph. 1:7)
v Reconciled (Col. 1:22)
v Alive with Christ (Col. 2:13 Eph. 2:5)
v Hidden in Christ (Col. 3:12)
v Holy and Dearly loved (Col. 3:12 Eph. 5:1)
v Called to suffer (Philp.1 :29)
v Blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ (Eph. 1:13)
v Holy and Blameless in His sight (Eph. 1:4)
v Marked with the seal of the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13)
v Saved by faith (Eph. 2:8)
v God’s workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
v Created to do good works (Eph. 2:10)


Can you imagine what my life would look like if I started living out those things? What if I/we started believing the names/labels that Christ gives us instead of what the world says? My prayer is I/we will STOP BELIEVING who and what the world says we are (good and bad) and start acting like an heir to the throne!
In the comments I would love for you to share some of your favorite I am…. statements

No comments: