Friday, March 9, 2012

Cancun

Jeff and I had the opportunity to go to Cancun on an all expense paid for trip by my company since I hit a sales goal. The trip was AMAZING and I am so thankful we had the opportunity to get away and do whatever we wanted for 4 days without paying for anything! We left really early Sunday morning and arrived at our hotel around lunch. We ordered in room service and took a nap since we had been up since 4:00AM. That night we had an all company dinner where the person who founded our company spoke. It was so cool to see him live and in person. I love my company and not imagine ever working anywhere else.

Monday:
We had a complete free day. We slept in and then I did my Bible Study on the balcony looking at the beach. Can I just tell you how much I love the beach mixed in with God's Word. We ordered room service for breakfast and then went to the beach with our books! We ate lunch on the beach, took naps, and enjoyed the steam room at the spa. For dinner that night a driver took us into the city and we had a great steak dinner. Once we got back to our hotel we rented a movie and called it a night.

Tuesday:
I was so glad that we were going to be in Cancun for Valentine's Day :) We had room service for breakfast and then got ready to swim with the dolphins! I was so excited about this particular excursion because it was something that I never I would get a chance to experience. It was part of a small aquarium so we also got to see some big sea turtles and jelly fish.
There were four different dolphins they used and you broke up in 2 big groups. Each group was in a different pool and you started out with getting to know the dolphins. You get to touch them and they swim around and between you. You also shook their "hands" and gave them a kiss.


The grand finale was the the dolphins came behind  you and each pushed a different foot and "swam" you to the other side of the pool. I was freaking out and decided pretty quickly I did not know if this was a good idea! I pushed through my fear and Jeff said my face was priceless as the dolphins were pushing me because I was so scared! I am glad that we did it but I do not think it is something we will do again.

For dinner that night we ended up at a really cool restaurant completely by mistake! I had thought that I had made reservations at one restaurant but ended up at a Mayan themed restaurant. From the front of the building it did not look like a "good" mistake however once inside it was beautiful! They sat us outside at a table that was at the very edge of the bay. They had it decorated for the day so there were Christmas lights strung all outside. It ended up being the best mistake of the trip and a perfect spot for our date!
Wednesday
This morning started off early with a massage at 8:00. Once I got back to the room it was time for us to go eat breakfast and meet up with the group to go snorkeling. This was the first time that either of us had gone snorkeling and I was not sure what to expect. Each couple was given their own speed boat to get out to the coral reef. Once we arrived close to the coral reef we put on our gear and got in the water. I must admit it did take me a few minuets to figure out how to breath! We swam and swam and swam and swam some more. It was beyond cool to see God's creation under the ocean and reminded me of the vastness of His creation that we are never even made aware exist. Between being out of shape and the big flippers we had on our feet I was worn out  by the time we made it back to the boat. I am really glad we picked this excursion and had a lot of fun once I got the hang of breathing!


Once we arrived back at the dock we saw this guy hanging out.
When we looked a little closer on the other side of the dock we saw this little friend.

Wednesday night we had an office dinner at Harry's. It was fun to get hang out with everyone else from my office and celebrate. At the end of dinner they bring cotton candy to everyone's table.
Thursday our flight left around 11:00 so we other then waking up and getting breakfast one last time at the hotel the day consistent of mostly flying home. It was such a fun trip and I loved getting the alone time with Jeff. However, as wonderful as it is to be gone we were both glad to get back to our babies and "real" life. We came home to 2 very spoiled children who really still wanted a few more days with MiMi and Paws :)


Until next time Cancun....thanks for the memories......you were good to us!

No comments: