Saturday, July 23, 2011

4th of July Weekend = U2 concert!



Jeff is a HUGE U2 fan so we were very excited when we learned they would be Nashville in July. He has seen them live several times but I have never had the chance to go with him. I am not a big music fan but I was very excited about getting to experience the concert with Jeff since he had been like a kid waiting for Christmas as we counted down the days. We bought tickets the same day they went on sale and my man looked forward to that concert for close to 10 months. What we did not know at the time was that I would be 32 weeks pregnant and it would feel like it was 150 degrees outside! Even though I felt HUGE and it was VERY HOT we had such a fun time. We meet some college friends (see above picture) for dinner at Cheesecake Factory before the concert and had so much fun hanging out with them and catching up with everyone. My favorite part of the whole concert was just watching Jeff get so excited every time they would play certain songs and seeing the permanent grin on his face for the 2 hours they played.

The next day we went to hang out with our best friends Dan and Emily King. Emily and I took the kids to the pool while Jeff and Dan hit the lake. I do not have any pictures because we had not bought our new camera yet :( Around 8:00 Emily and I went hunting for the boys because we had not heard from them and was worried they might have had some boat issues. As we were pulling up to the dock the boys were pulling in. Good news was they did not have boat issues they were just having to much fun knee boarding and jumping off cliffs. I told Jeff there were some things in life he did not need to give me full disclosure on and the fact that he was cliff jumping was one of them ;)

The next morning we took our time getting up and packing and then headed back home. It was such a fun long weekend spent hanging out with friends and enjoying the summer.

No comments: