Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Some Random Thoughts

I am currently at the beach with my entire family enjoying a week in the sun! We are staying in a beautiful house living a life of leisure. Due to the unhurried pace of the last few days I have had time just to sit back and reflect on the last few months. Here are my thoughts:

1. I am thankful.
  • I am thankful I have friends who love me well and will take me in on a moments notice.
  • I am thankful I have friends who will pray for me and will hold me accountable to the right standard not just the easy one.
  • I am thankful that I serve a God who loves me and knows me and meets me right where I am.
  • I am thankful I serve a God who sometimes gives me clear answers and direction.
  • I am thankful that I serve a God who more often just whispers for me to fix my eyes on Him and trust that He is good.
  • I am thankful for the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of someone who I love dearly. I have seen them become a completely new person and love as Christ loves the church.
  • I am thankful that God has proven Himself faithful to me time and time again.
  • I am thankful for the sweet friendships that God allowed me to have in MS and know that some of them will last a lifetime and not just for a season.
  • I am thankful for the men that God has placed in my husbands life.
  • I am thankful for restoration.
  • I am thankful for a God who indeed makes all things new.

2. I am excited.

  • I am excited about moving into our new home when we get back.
  • I am excited about starting over again in our new state.
  • I am excited about getting plugged into our new church.
  • I am excited about having my family under the same roof again.
  • I am excited to enter into a new decade (my 30's) in a few more days.
  • I am excited about my husband's new job.

3. I am anxious.

  • I am anxious about the possibility of working full time. I have been offered 3 full time jobs in the last month. This last one is exactly what I want to do long term but would mean that Emma Kate would have to in daycare 5 days a week instead of 3. I am torn about what to do. My heart's desire is to be a stay at home mom and nurture Emma as long as can. I know that I am the only mommy that she will ever have but my company has plenty of people to do the this job. However, I am still torn. Is it an opportunity that I am supposed to take? I was not looking for it...it found me. Or is this just another time that God is asking me to trust Him.
  • I am anxious about history repeating itself. In the end if it does then I know I will be ok. God has been faithful to me time and time again. I have no reason to doubt He will not be faithful to me again. He is my strong tower. My Prince of Peace. The Unchanging One.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey sweet friend,
Glad to read this and know you are all doing well and about Jeff's new job there. I love ya girl and hope to talk with you soon. I will miss you here in Mississippi!